Got the painting bug this weekend and spent a few hours in the studio painting from a photo we took in Hawaii eleven years ago. I've always wanted to paint it, and now I finally have. I really loved the result at first, but as I look at it I realize how flat the painting is. Still, I love the colors and that's a start!


I reworked the bird late last night and got the result below...I don't know for sure if it's an improvement or not. You can tell the photos were taken in very different lighting.

3 comments

  1. Jenny on November 29, 2010 at 3:05 AM

    What a lovely painting, such gorgeous colours.... and I LOVE your stitched postcard too!:)

     
  2. Briana on November 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

    I love the colors! Beautiful painting

     
  3. Jenny on December 17, 2010 at 3:29 AM

    Heather!!!! Thankyou soooo much! I received your christmas ornament today and I LOVE it! Gorgeous!
    It is now hanging proudly on my tree :)
    Thankyou!!xx
    I hope yours arrives safely...snail mail seems even slower now its the festive season! I hope you are well and looking forward to the festivities ahead :)

     


Post a Comment